So I guess I have a thing for baristas. I think maybe it’s because I’ve always had a thing for bartenders and since there are no bars here, baristas are the closest thing to that. I mean how could you not like the person serving you happy serum? I guess it’s only logical. If I were a pothead, I would probably love the girls in Amsterdam that serve me my “brownies”. If I were an adrenaline freak I would love the female skydiving instructors. If I was a dancer…. well let’s face it all guys love dancers… and gymnists… and cheerleaders and… Point is, when I first got here it was a Starbucks barista that caught my eye. My ex was a barista for a little while and I found out recently when looking over a “friend’s“ resume, I saw that she was once a barista as well. Go coffee! Pumping out hot chics since… ???
Right now, there are two Gloria Jean’s baristas I have been kind of into, Mira and (something like) Marla. I have talked with Mira a lot more because she has been there longer. But I think I may be more attracted to the other one. They are the reason I go to Gloria Jeans rather than another coffee shop. Well that and their Very Vanilla Latte… (half the vanilla though because that shit is motherfuckin’ sweet). They are both cute and I would like to French either one of them… perhaps both but I think I have realized since I have been here that I would probably not be interested in them for more than some fun. They could be wonderful people and they are definitely attractive but I just can’t imagine us having that much in common with each other. I think some people like that, they like the opposite of themselves. Call me narcissistic but I want someone who has a lot in common with me. I want a girl that’s going to be my pal AND we have wild uninhibited sex. I want it all. That works best for me.
Another thing about the foreigners here that doesn’t jive with me is that these girls are all so submissive. Some people like this a lot, and in a way, I wish I did as well because most girls I like have always led me to trouble. The girls I like have their own opinion of things and whether I agree with their opinion or not I like that they are their own person and aren’t looking to me to speak for them. This can lead to arguments. I can’t help what I like though.
Soooo, I was in café when it was closing tonight and I decided to leave… because they were closing the gates while I was sitting there. I was going to make the move on Marla (?) but she seemed to be too concerned with closing up than with talking to me. Maybe Mira is the better choice? I do this every time. I need to just decide on one. It’s one of the reasons I’m no good at picking girls up at a bar either. I pick one out to talk to and as I’m talking to her I see another one that I may think is prettier or more my type or may be more into me or whatever and then I’m off, ADD extreme. At the end of the night I usually end up with none…
How do I get on these tangents? This wasn’t supposed to be about any of this. This wasn’t supposed to be the “current female situation” post that it has become. This post was supposed to be about cats and dogs and this stupid notion that we have. It all came up because I saw these alley-cats feeding off of their mother while I walked away from the café towards my flat.
I love cats. There I said it. I do. I can’t help it. I think cats are fucking adorable… except Siamese cats. I think those cats are evil. But all the rest are cute cuddly bundles of happiness. But you know what… I love dogs too. When I was a kid I wanted a dog more than anything else, even asked for one a few Christmases in a row. My aunt Norma had a dog named Peedee (P.D.) that was all shaggy and slobbery and floppy eared and he was always so happy to see me and play with me... I didn’t even call my aunt’s house titi Norma’s, it was Peedee’s house. “Are we going to Peedee’s house?” I love dogs, not every type of dog, just as I don’t like Siamese cats, but I think dogs are a whole lot of fun and it’s nice to feel that love that they definitely show for you, that you don’t always get from a cat.
I love cats AND I love dogs. You know what else I love? I love ferrets and kangaroos, and turtles and sea otters and monkeys and iguanas… I love animals. I like watching Animal Planet and seeing animals in their native environment…. I love the chaos that monkey brings into a household… I love that a turtle brings his home everywhere he goes and is pretty majestic to look at up close and hold. So why is it that I have to be considered a cat OR a dog person? Who came up with this shit? And why is it a big deal if a person is one or another? I feel like it’s a war of sorts and I don’t get it.
I will have to say, it seems like it comes more from the “dog-person” camp. You hardly ever hear a “cat-person” say. “Ohhh, ouch… she’s a dog-person.” But you definitely hear the reverse. It’s like having cats makes you a certain type of person that won’t get along with a dog person. I resent this, because I think I would be considered a cat-person. I always wanted a dog but we never got one because my parents didn’t want one. Dogs are messy and my parents like a clean house. So I guess that might be a cat person is? Clean? I like a clean house too but I would still get a dog. My only issue is that every animal takes a certain amount of responsibility. I like to be able to pick up and go. There are people that will feed your dogs or your cats or whatever you have for money, so that issue can be remedied. Right now I work too many hours to have a dog but back in the states it would definitely be a possibility. The other issue I had was that I could never decide what dog I wanted. It seems like I tend to like the dumb dogs or what people have told me are dumb dogs. I like them to be kind of big but not too big, preferably shorter hair… but really when I think about it… I’d much rather have a monkey. I just don’t like how monkeys throw their feces at you. I like the “idea” of that because they are crazy little creatures causing chaos all around the house but the reality would be both literally and figuratively… shitty. Plus, you’re always seen as a weirdo if you have a monkey. I don’t want that weirdo label just yet. They are SO cool though.
Chances are, I’ll end up with a cat or a turtle or a dog instead of the monkey or kangaroo. It’s just more realistic. It just sucks because I have so much more in common with monkeys. Read into that what you will.
No comments:
Post a Comment