I’ve been wearing my Yankees cap every day this week. Two days ago I got my haircut and what I thought was a great haircut at the time ended up being pretty atrocious. I am not that picky when it comes to haircuts. It doesn’t have to be even. It can be too short or too long, I don’t really mind. What drives me nuts is when it’s not proportionate. When a barber cuts my hair and the top is way too long for the sides… there’s nothing I can do to hide that except cut it myself or wear a hat. What’s fucked up about it is I left that place thinking I looked good.
The barber combed my hair different than I do it but I didn’t complain as I headed to my seat to wait for my coworker’s hair to be finished while drops of water trickled down the side of my face because this guy pointed to me and told his barber that he wanted his hair cut like mine. His barber looked at me, furrowed his brow and continued to prepare the man’s seat. After the cloak was put on the customer the barber asked the man again what he wanted and the customer turned around and pointed directly at me and said that he wanted his hair cut like mine.
What was odd about this was that this man only had about a centimeter of hair all around. The barber looked at me again with the same look then looked at the customer and then back to me and then back to the customer.
“That haircut won’t look good on a black man. You don’t have the hair for it”, he told the customer.
Even if he did have the hair, he wouldn’t have the hair for it. Besides that guy can have this mess on my head right now. I have a high and loose. About the only thing I can do with it is a Mohawk.
No comments:
Post a Comment