“Hey”. I heard from the east as I was walking to the car after my shift. It was Dawn, an older lady that works in my building in an area close to mine. She sat back down in her car with the door open and grumbling could be heard. I wasn’t sure if she wanted me to go over there, so I hesitated. She could be pretty long-winded and I didn’t want to get trapped in her web of nonsense when I have a sexy pillow waiting for me at home. She stepped out of her car again and said, “My car won’t start. It won’t start. I can’t start my car”.
I walked over and I could see that the steering wheel had been locked up. I know that all cars have their little trick to turn the wheel so I tried doing a special turn with the break pressed. This didn’t work, even though I tried five times. On the sixth try I decided to only put the key in half way. Obviously this didn’t work either so I pounded on the top of the dash in front of the steering wheel and tried the break and turn again, still nothing.
“I don’t know Dawn. I can’t seem to get it to work”.
“Me either”, she replied, “It’s weird. I’ve never had this problem before I don’t know what to do.”
I shrugged my shoulders and saw a man (whom I found out later is also named John) heading over to us with (what I thought was) the intention of helping us. Dawn shouted to John, “I can’t start my car.” Behind me, I heard a thump. I turned around to see the trunk open. John replied, “That’s my car you are in. That’s probably why it won’t start.”
No comments:
Post a Comment