Sunday, July 10, 2005

Nyquil Drenched Babble-on


Nyquil Drenched Babble-On  July 10, 2005 I drink the Nyquil straight from the bottle on nights like these when my haunted mind makes the insomnia unbearable.  Most of the time I don't know or comprehend just what it is that's keeping me up.  I just know that resistance is futile and that it would probably last until the morn if it wasn't for the Nyquil and even then, sometimes it still does.

Sometimes I can write and that will put me to sleep soon after.  Sometimes I can read and it will have the same effect.  I've tried music but that has the exact opposite effect.  I need words to put me to sleep I guess.  Words without instruments to be specific.  I wonder if it all goes back to being read stories
before bedtime.  I can't recall being read stories before bedtime but I can recall be shown/read stories on Reading Rainbow with that star trek guy before he ever got those weird glasses.  I can remember that.  I can also remember The Neverending Story later on with the big dog and the lost horse, who I think was named Atreyu.  Is that right?  I don't remember.  Point is I drank a lot of Nyquil, because the words weren't working.  Or were they?  Are they? 

I'm not sure if it's that or the green soothing liquid= that I need one more guzzle of.  That should do it.
My eyes are beginning to droop and my head is feeling like it's under a hand dryer in the men's restroom which I've stuck my head under before, after fixing my hair on a date, but shhhhh, don't tell anyone.  That's a secret. 

I just wish sometimes that my head would feel the fuzzies in my heart and follow their lead instead of
making their own troubles but then again maybe that's what my head's problem really is.  My heart is
attacking my head which is in turn attacking my body and here I sit babbling nonsensical trivialities of baneful decorum and narcissistic tendencies in a wasteful perpetuance of inefficient typing.

I think I've said all I need to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment