My father used to always say that I had a problem with authority. And I'd say, Damn right I have a problem with authority, not to him because he would have smacked me, but to myself, in my head, because even if I whispered it aloud to myself he'd hear it and then I'd feel his wrath. But the thought was there. I mean why should I be forced to listen to what other people tell me to do. Land of the free, right. If I want to go out and drink myself retarded, I think I should have that right.
Now I don't mind following orders when they make sense or don't conflict with what I want, or feel I deserve. In this particular circumstance one of the rules I was breaking makes sense but conflicted with my wants and the other doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make sense for us (the Army people here) not to be able to wear civilian clothes when we are not on duty. It doesn't make any sense because:
1) The base is full of
civilians and
civilians and
2) The air force (which are also
basically civilians) get to wear theirs when they are
not on duty.
basically civilians) get to wear theirs when they are
not on duty.
Why we're not allowed to makes no sense to me, so I don't obey that rule. Now the headphones
makes sense. It really does. It's a hazard. If you can't hear a horn or the someone screaming for you to stop because you're about to run over their dog, yeah that could be seen as hazardous. But they don't have a radio in the Hmmmv so what do they expect? I think every HmmmV should be equipped with at least a cd player. It's torture being forced to drive around without music to pimp through the base with. How am I supposed to get my roll on without any music to stroll to?
makes sense. It really does. It's a hazard. If you can't hear a horn or the someone screaming for you to stop because you're about to run over their dog, yeah that could be seen as hazardous. But they don't have a radio in the Hmmmv so what do they expect? I think every HmmmV should be equipped with at least a cd player. It's torture being forced to drive around without music to pimp through the base with. How am I supposed to get my roll on without any music to stroll to?
I realized after writing that last email that it wasn't a complete story. I thought about writing the rest and sending it out but figured no one would really notice or care but my aunt wrote to me asking what happened so I'll finish it in this.
Nothing happened. The Sergeants Major just smiled and waved. I think he may have cringed his eyes a little to make sure he was seeing things correctly, to get a closer inspection, but he didn't say a thing. Maybe it was because I wasn't really trying to hide. Instead I waved right at him and smiled and pretended like nothing was amiss. I do the same thing with cops when I'm speeding. I don't bother slowing down or pressing on the brakes. That's just an admission of guilt. If you're blatant about it you must not really being doing anything wrong. It's like when your parents ask you what you were did at your friend Jeff's house and you tell them that you got drunk and high and they laugh thinking it's a joke because what child would tell their parents that they were doing something that the parents would frown upon unless it was in jest? I know I wouldn't.
Nothing happened. The Sergeants Major just smiled and waved. I think he may have cringed his eyes a little to make sure he was seeing things correctly, to get a closer inspection, but he didn't say a thing. Maybe it was because I wasn't really trying to hide. Instead I waved right at him and smiled and pretended like nothing was amiss. I do the same thing with cops when I'm speeding. I don't bother slowing down or pressing on the brakes. That's just an admission of guilt. If you're blatant about it you must not really being doing anything wrong. It's like when your parents ask you what you were did at your friend Jeff's house and you tell them that you got drunk and high and they laugh thinking it's a joke because what child would tell their parents that they were doing something that the parents would frown upon unless it was in jest? I know I wouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment