I'm declaring a new religion. I know I once declared that hedonism was my religion but that was because I just discovered what hedonism was. I used to think it was a religion, sounds like one. And then one day I looked it up and I thought that it was funny that I thought it was a religion all of those years. But this is a new bonafide religion. We have a martyr. We have the word. We have a book. Well The book is not actually a book but we could always put one together study from. I think that there are already millions of people across the Unites States who practice this religion on a daily basis and don't even realize it. The religion is called Sublime or Sublimation. I haven't decided yet which it will be called.
I don't know what it is but every time winter comes around Sublime enters my regular rotation of CDs. Mainly the CDs 40 ounce to Freedom and the self titled CD but every once in awhile Robin the Hood gets in there too. But I don't listen to the CDs like a normal person, no. I listen to Them for weeks at a time without ever changing them. I listen and I try to decipher everything that They are talking about. I listen to Their stories like they are parables. I sing Their songs like they are psalms. I try to apply Their words of wisdom to my every day life.
But I don't do it with just Sublime. Sublime is just one of the major sources. I do it with movies that I watch, with books that I read, with other songs by other groups that I listen to, television shows, conversations that I have, newspaper articles, magazine articles, everything. It's like the world is my bible and I'm a very religious person. I like to study every facet of it. It is a continual process with no definable end point. And the answers are always changing as the world that I live in changes and I change along with it. Sublime is an inquisition and appreciation of life and lives passed and shared. It is a broad, open-minded approach to self actualization. A rejoicing of everything worthwhile. It is the reason you get up in the morning and go to bed at night. It's life. And I'm trying to get back in touch with it.
I don't know what it is but every time winter comes around Sublime enters my regular rotation of CDs. Mainly the CDs 40 ounce to Freedom and the self titled CD but every once in awhile Robin the Hood gets in there too. But I don't listen to the CDs like a normal person, no. I listen to Them for weeks at a time without ever changing them. I listen and I try to decipher everything that They are talking about. I listen to Their stories like they are parables. I sing Their songs like they are psalms. I try to apply Their words of wisdom to my every day life.
But I don't do it with just Sublime. Sublime is just one of the major sources. I do it with movies that I watch, with books that I read, with other songs by other groups that I listen to, television shows, conversations that I have, newspaper articles, magazine articles, everything. It's like the world is my bible and I'm a very religious person. I like to study every facet of it. It is a continual process with no definable end point. And the answers are always changing as the world that I live in changes and I change along with it. Sublime is an inquisition and appreciation of life and lives passed and shared. It is a broad, open-minded approach to self actualization. A rejoicing of everything worthwhile. It is the reason you get up in the morning and go to bed at night. It's life. And I'm trying to get back in touch with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment