Free beers! Three hundred and sixty five of them to be exact. That's the number of free beers that some of my buddies here in Denver won at a place called Jackson's hole, whose name has been the butt of many jokes lately. No pun intended. They won this glorious prize on Halloween dressing up as Ghostbusters using the same outfits that they once donned in a film that they made entitled "Freddy vs.
Ghostbusters, which can be found at Braztanfilm.com. There's my plug. 365! Not to be drunk , drank, drunken in one but over a period of time. We decided to cash in on this reward on a night when the majority of us were broke.
The place is a hole in the wall sports bar that is close to the stadium where the Colorado Rockies play and many yuppies call home, with a club that is connected to it for the dancing types who dance to dance and not to meet women because there aren't any to be met. This is fine with me; The beers are free, the chicken wings suck ass but there are Televisions in the floors that that play sports games all night. I drank and I drank and I drank some more. I drank until my stomach could not expand any further then I drank another, yet I did not get drunk.
I think I've developed an immunity to Coor's light. Or maybe I'm just an alcoholic. Whatever it is, I felt no tipsiness. Free-beer-coupon-holder-Hank threw a handful of these coupons to us before leaving the bar and we decided to venture upstairs double fisted to not dance. I kept my eye on a cute Asian girl with a body builder boyfriend and we all decided to go to Church soon after. On the way there I almost got into a fight with some kid mumbling something about spaceships without realizing. My friend got in his face, matters were settled and we continued forward.
The ATM at the Church was temporarily out of service so my red headed compadre paid my way. There is something inherently wrong about drinking in a building that was once a real church that I love. But this was not a particularly happening night. Inside there dancers were scattered on the main dance floor as we made our way to the basement where they were playing hip hop. At the bottom of the steps I found a cute young thing that resembled an ex of mine from years ago. We made eyes but said no words. I continued on to the bar and stood with the red headed giant criticizing people's dancing and the overall desolation that had engulfed the club before switching rooms and finding my latin princess.
There she danced in a world all her own bouncing from one guy to another, sliding away from each and leaving fragrant imprints that enraptured each poor soul that she encountered, including mine. Vibrant and seductive, she stole the floor and my heart for those brief moments that brought her near to me. Before I could recover enough leave the floor and sit off to the side with some dignity she bounced off arm in arm with her girlfriend. I wasn't the only one left gazing as pranced away. The ex-look-alike came into the room but I had already moved on. Later, I wished
I hadn't.
Before getting into my friends car I urinated in a corner close to someone's window. I imagined the inhabitants looking out to see the fluids emanating from my member. I pictured the mortification they'd have on their faces and the devilish laugh that I would reply with. But no one looked out. I kind of wished they had.
We drove off in my friend's girlfriend's car and the fire head found some diet pills she had left in the back seat. After embarassing her he smushed his face against the window and napped. I peered out and took in the night.
These nights not drunken have a peculiar effect on me. Hopes and excitements not quite reached leave me wishing I never wished in the first place.
Ghostbusters, which can be found at Braztanfilm.com. There's my plug. 365! Not to be drunk , drank, drunken in one but over a period of time. We decided to cash in on this reward on a night when the majority of us were broke.
The place is a hole in the wall sports bar that is close to the stadium where the Colorado Rockies play and many yuppies call home, with a club that is connected to it for the dancing types who dance to dance and not to meet women because there aren't any to be met. This is fine with me; The beers are free, the chicken wings suck ass but there are Televisions in the floors that that play sports games all night. I drank and I drank and I drank some more. I drank until my stomach could not expand any further then I drank another, yet I did not get drunk.
I think I've developed an immunity to Coor's light. Or maybe I'm just an alcoholic. Whatever it is, I felt no tipsiness. Free-beer-coupon-holder-Hank threw a handful of these coupons to us before leaving the bar and we decided to venture upstairs double fisted to not dance. I kept my eye on a cute Asian girl with a body builder boyfriend and we all decided to go to Church soon after. On the way there I almost got into a fight with some kid mumbling something about spaceships without realizing. My friend got in his face, matters were settled and we continued forward.
The ATM at the Church was temporarily out of service so my red headed compadre paid my way. There is something inherently wrong about drinking in a building that was once a real church that I love. But this was not a particularly happening night. Inside there dancers were scattered on the main dance floor as we made our way to the basement where they were playing hip hop. At the bottom of the steps I found a cute young thing that resembled an ex of mine from years ago. We made eyes but said no words. I continued on to the bar and stood with the red headed giant criticizing people's dancing and the overall desolation that had engulfed the club before switching rooms and finding my latin princess.
There she danced in a world all her own bouncing from one guy to another, sliding away from each and leaving fragrant imprints that enraptured each poor soul that she encountered, including mine. Vibrant and seductive, she stole the floor and my heart for those brief moments that brought her near to me. Before I could recover enough leave the floor and sit off to the side with some dignity she bounced off arm in arm with her girlfriend. I wasn't the only one left gazing as pranced away. The ex-look-alike came into the room but I had already moved on. Later, I wished
I hadn't.
Before getting into my friends car I urinated in a corner close to someone's window. I imagined the inhabitants looking out to see the fluids emanating from my member. I pictured the mortification they'd have on their faces and the devilish laugh that I would reply with. But no one looked out. I kind of wished they had.
We drove off in my friend's girlfriend's car and the fire head found some diet pills she had left in the back seat. After embarassing her he smushed his face against the window and napped. I peered out and took in the night.
These nights not drunken have a peculiar effect on me. Hopes and excitements not quite reached leave me wishing I never wished in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment