I like to wear my boonie cap when I go four wheeling through the mud in my HmmmmmmmV. I feel like an adventurer, a real Indianni Jones. Slipping and sliding to the left, I start turning the wheel the
other way and then stomp on the gas. Mus flies up in all directions and onto the window. As I'm trying to reach the window wipers the seat belt jerks me backwards and the vehicle starts slipping back to the left and all of the way around and deep into a puddle of mud. it seems to be stuck, but this is no ordinary vehicle. It's my very own HmmmmmmmmmmmmV, part SUV, part tank. i gun it and sink deeper and deeper into the mud until the beast darts forward and out of the obstacle. Victory is mine.
I used to take the paved roads. They were safe. I used to wave at people along the way and and follow the speed limit and let other vehicles pass while I parked myself in the mud on the side of the road, but no longer will i conform to the limitations that the road has to offer. Out in the mud I make own own routes, rules and regulations. The three R's are mine to do with what I will do to with who. I drive the speed necessary to get through the mud. I drive over whatever is in my way and I wave to no one. Not that I'm being rude, there just isn't anyone out there to wave to. It's the wilderness and I'm a pathfinder, the path-maker, the maker of paths. I'm free.
I've never been a big fan of straight roads and regulations. i like deviation. Does that make me a deviate? I think the wilderness is where the fun lies. Everything worth dong seems to be in the wilderness. It's like these roads are built to keep us away from the fun. this does not apply to just roads and rules for me. This applies to everything. I like the odd things in this world. the things that don't fit into a particular mold. i like the old guy playing the organ grinder with the clown shoes,
corduroy vest and missing teeth. I like the all black punk/rap band that dresses like the The titled rock
groups and sounds like a mixture of Outkast, Dr. Dre and Sublime. i like the girl in the dance club with the thick wool scarf around her neck and the Alaskan slipper boots on her feet drinking the straight shots of whiskey, with the bright blue eyes and dark brown hair who likes making out by the bar. I like the random things that makes life interesting and fun.
Most people describe this as being random. Most people describe me as being random. i don't think
anything I say or do is random. i think it's just that my mind is just broken up and compartmentalized
into little boxes stored and retrieved a little bit differently than most. Most people organize their DVDs in alphabetical order. I do it by director. My mind works the same way. certain things that trigger certain things in most people triggers something completely different in my mind. so leave me alone about it okay. I'm not normal. i would hope that I'm not. I've spent a good portion of my life striving to be different from the norm. if I was completely normal that would discredit much of the work that I've done thus far. Who wants to be normal anyway? I know I don't.
other way and then stomp on the gas. Mus flies up in all directions and onto the window. As I'm trying to reach the window wipers the seat belt jerks me backwards and the vehicle starts slipping back to the left and all of the way around and deep into a puddle of mud. it seems to be stuck, but this is no ordinary vehicle. It's my very own HmmmmmmmmmmmmV, part SUV, part tank. i gun it and sink deeper and deeper into the mud until the beast darts forward and out of the obstacle. Victory is mine.
I used to take the paved roads. They were safe. I used to wave at people along the way and and follow the speed limit and let other vehicles pass while I parked myself in the mud on the side of the road, but no longer will i conform to the limitations that the road has to offer. Out in the mud I make own own routes, rules and regulations. The three R's are mine to do with what I will do to with who. I drive the speed necessary to get through the mud. I drive over whatever is in my way and I wave to no one. Not that I'm being rude, there just isn't anyone out there to wave to. It's the wilderness and I'm a pathfinder, the path-maker, the maker of paths. I'm free.
I've never been a big fan of straight roads and regulations. i like deviation. Does that make me a deviate? I think the wilderness is where the fun lies. Everything worth dong seems to be in the wilderness. It's like these roads are built to keep us away from the fun. this does not apply to just roads and rules for me. This applies to everything. I like the odd things in this world. the things that don't fit into a particular mold. i like the old guy playing the organ grinder with the clown shoes,
corduroy vest and missing teeth. I like the all black punk/rap band that dresses like the The titled rock
groups and sounds like a mixture of Outkast, Dr. Dre and Sublime. i like the girl in the dance club with the thick wool scarf around her neck and the Alaskan slipper boots on her feet drinking the straight shots of whiskey, with the bright blue eyes and dark brown hair who likes making out by the bar. I like the random things that makes life interesting and fun.
Most people describe this as being random. Most people describe me as being random. i don't think
anything I say or do is random. i think it's just that my mind is just broken up and compartmentalized
into little boxes stored and retrieved a little bit differently than most. Most people organize their DVDs in alphabetical order. I do it by director. My mind works the same way. certain things that trigger certain things in most people triggers something completely different in my mind. so leave me alone about it okay. I'm not normal. i would hope that I'm not. I've spent a good portion of my life striving to be different from the norm. if I was completely normal that would discredit much of the work that I've done thus far. Who wants to be normal anyway? I know I don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment