Sooooo, I guess I bought a life-sized Justin Bieber cardboard cutout a few weeks ago. The odd thing is, I barely remember a moment in time where I thought, that would be hilarious to purchase and leave around the office. The moment was so brief, in fact, that I can’t even recall ordering the thing. I started speculating about what friends I may have told and who would do this. The pranksters in the office all denied it. My prankster friends denied it. There is no record of it on my credit cards. Where did this thing come from? Bieber Bangs!
What I do recall is visiting a site that sold Justin Bieber Bangs. I was talking with a friend about dressing up like Bieber and having her dress as Selena Gomez and pretending we were stars. She was probably joking about it and I was too, only I was also kind of planning to get the bangs and wear them to London if I could convince her to meet me there. All I could think was:
“The first time we met was in London. He was wearing a Justin Bieber wig.”
The thought of that conversation occurring someday made my kidney erupt with laughter and he hardly ever laughs. So while I was chatting with her and doing this research on getting a wig, I saw the life sized cutout, then I had the thought and then he appeared at my job. That was it. No purchase necessary I guess. I just think funny things and then they happen.
My boss and a coworker joined in to help me construct the thing in the corner of our section. The Bieb received attention immediately. It started with people just making fun of me but soon just turned to them speaking to it like he's really there. It made everyone smile. It was like I brought in the cutest baby or puppy or kitten that no one could resist. After the initial reaction wore off, people began speculating as to who purchased it since I assured them it was not one of my friends from home. They all wished they had thought of it. Most people here assumed it was Gianne. It did have his name written all over it.
Last week Gianne tried to get me to kiss his pinky finger by telling me that another coworker (Mike) had lost a bet to him and that the price to be paid was Mike kissing me on the lips. He said if I kissed his pinky finger, he would call the bet off. I didn’t kiss his finger and figured I would just dodge Mike. Besides, this wasn’t even my bet, how did get involved? It turned out there wasn’t even a bet.
This wasn’t Gianne. This was me playing a joke on myself. It wasn’t long before the joke took on new life. People began placing him in strategic points around the building with the intentions of scaring people. Sometimes he would be dressed in someone’s sweatshirt or tie. Who knew there would be this much fascination over a life sized cutout? I know I didn’t realize just how popular the guy would be.
I think the joke reached its apex yesterday when I came in and a captain here told me that the colonel wants Bieber for his office, and warned me that if I really wanted to keep Bieber, I should bring him home. I thought maybe I made someone mad and decided I would give it a few more days and then bring him back to my place to do, who knows what with the damn thing. The next day, today, he was gone. The colonel wasn’t mad at all, he just wanted to keep the Bieb all to himself. I guess Cardboard Justin Bieber has a new home. I just hope the colonel treats him right and shows him new and exciting parts of his office.
No comments:
Post a Comment