She makes me smile with her random late night calls after drinking wine at Old Chicagos. It lingers as
lay my head down on the mattress where Kermit's legs dangle. My smile lingers as her words are repeated in my mind and my image of her has not been broken. It feels right this time. I don't know why but it feels right.
Maybe it's because she hasn't completely dismissed my romantic tendencies as just a phase or something that isn't real, as something that people don't really feel. Or maybe it's the way she handles my drunken 3 am calls and my random humor. Maybe it's the way she makes the same calls to me and throws the jokes right back.
At times it feels like we've been living similar lives, going around in the same circles and reaching
the same conclusions along the way. Although our lives have been very different, the answers are the
same. At this moment, at the ripe old age of 25 we're encountering the same sorts of questions and and the same sorts of answers and for once, in my life the timing doesn't seem completely off.
So as I lay here thinking about the excitedness in her voice to hear that she woke me up from a dead sleep to talk on this chilly September night, I can't help but smile and think maybe I'm not as lost as I thought.
lay my head down on the mattress where Kermit's legs dangle. My smile lingers as her words are repeated in my mind and my image of her has not been broken. It feels right this time. I don't know why but it feels right.
Maybe it's because she hasn't completely dismissed my romantic tendencies as just a phase or something that isn't real, as something that people don't really feel. Or maybe it's the way she handles my drunken 3 am calls and my random humor. Maybe it's the way she makes the same calls to me and throws the jokes right back.
At times it feels like we've been living similar lives, going around in the same circles and reaching
the same conclusions along the way. Although our lives have been very different, the answers are the
same. At this moment, at the ripe old age of 25 we're encountering the same sorts of questions and and the same sorts of answers and for once, in my life the timing doesn't seem completely off.
So as I lay here thinking about the excitedness in her voice to hear that she woke me up from a dead sleep to talk on this chilly September night, I can't help but smile and think maybe I'm not as lost as I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment