Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Update

The food is good.  I've always been a fan of falafel and shawarma.  Oddly enough, the kabob isn't too great though.  It's very different.  Instead of square chunks of meet it's a tub-like piece  of chicken, or lamb.  It doesn't really taste like meat.  There are a lot of Lebanese restaurants that are good to go to.  They serve all of their dishes with olives and pickled vegetables.  I like it.  Besides that, it's mostly American chain restaurants everywhere:  Applebees, Fridays, P.F. Changs, Mc Ds, KFC, Hardees, Chilis etc... what's interesting is how these restaurants are "high end" over here.  The little Filipina women that work at these restaurants are making more than most of the others running around, or so I'm told. This guy that works with us, Gianne has the Filipina stewardess hookup.
That is what I'm trying to get involved with.

The weather is not too bad... yet.  It's hot every day but I like the heat. It stays over 100 on a regular basis but does cool down at night.  Ask me again in July and that tone may change.  I don't go to the beach often. There is a boardwalk here but girls don't really go out there in bikinis. About 30 minutes south of where I live, close to Saudi Arabia, there is a boat launch/beach area and it's just like any in the states.  Most girls dress the same as they would there but there is the occasional girl fully covered while on a jet ski.  It's a little odd but also kind of funny because instead of the normal black or whatever they have these bright neon colors.  So I guess the beach to them is just the ability to wear color.

The date was with a contractor here.  Hooking up with contractors is kind of the oddity, believe it or not, because it's apparently pretty easy to get some hot tail out here.  The Filipinas out here LOVE Americans.  We're rich to them.  And there are some real lookers out there.  I just haven't figured out how to meet random women without a bar and some liquid courage.

Nothing happened when they found Bin Laden.  No celebrations nor riots, nothing at all.  There was probably more of a reaction in the states than here.

Oh but before I go here is one that I meant to include in the part about the movies here:  They are edited.  And sometimes it is pretty obvious and seemingly arbitrary.  For instance I watched this terrible movie called Ironclad about this guy who was one of the Knights Templar during King John's reign.  He goes to Rochester to help defend the castle there and ends up meeting this chic he wants to bang, but he can't because the Knights Templar are prudes.  So there is a moment when they are talking and she touches his shoulder and then... cut, next scene.  O.K.  Then there is a moment where you see them staring at each other from across the room and they are both drunk and kind of flirting.  It looks like any moment they may get close and hook up but instead when it cuts to the next scene all we see is the guy waking to fight off intruders.  Then at the end of the movie the chic's husband hangs himself and the guy quits the knighthood so the girl just hops on the knight's horse and they ride off.  Where the fuck did that come from?  All he had to do was eye fuck her from across the room and she rides off into the sunset with him because her husband died?  Silly Arabs, sex is for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment