Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunshower

It rainshowered today.

I walked out to my balcony and caught a huge whiff of cat shit being emitted from the cat box, or both cat boxes that have been placed outside to keep the house from smelling. As I cursed the cats for bringing all of these flies into our house with their non-burying tendencies, I lit my cigarette and noticed that it was sunny. It's been raining and overcast for the past two days, so some sunshine was much welcomed. After my first or second drag I began to notice the raindrops falling, slow at first but increasing rapidly, as noted by the line of wetness approaching the apartment. It took me a minute but I realized that it was still sunny.

I thought about going inside to tell my roommates about it. But I didn't. Instead I was greedy and enjoyed the moment alone on a balcony with flies and shit and the sunshower chasing me back into the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment