Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Basic Training Jornal Entry

It's weird that I've gone all through basic already and now is when you've come to some use for me. i guess i spent the majority of my time writing to real people instead of a leather journal because I wasn't able to use a phone. Now I can hardly bring myself to write a letter to someone. It's crazy how fast we abandon our once favorite pasttimes in exchange for another. i opened you up tyoday for three reasons. Numero uno: a creative idea, an actual concept for a screenplay or play play or maybe even a book came into my brain. I'll tell it to you soon so be patient... i can't wait. it's about to burst out of me.

I haven't had these sorts of ides in a very long time...this pen bleeds so I won't use it anymore...the idea! Kind of a Groundhog Day with a twist. it starts off in some old time period, I'm thinking ... Colonial times... starts off in some old time period with the main protagonist going through his daily work, school, etc... The story itself isn't straight. the concept is this: Reincarnation!!! the story will show the path of the same man/woman in 2 or 3 different time periods. After the 1st ends and the second begins, dejavu starts to kick in (which could be shown Arnofsky-like) . there should be s distinct difference in the protagonist's appearance, actually he should even be different, a different actor altogether. The connections will be shown in the dejavu and siilarity of the stories and characters. Either... either the story revolves around the concept of love always finding a way AND repetition of the same life in different time periods OR the protagonist correcting an error that happened in a previous life BUT instead of a happy ending, maybe the thing that has to be corrected is a murder. And the murder is justified by the fact that the victim was actually murdering people themselves and one of the people that gets murdered is important for some reason. Hmmmmm......

Numero Dos: that nice leather exterior of yours was just calling my name. you're made way too nice for me not to use. Numero Tres: I felt like it. I was actually in the mood. And when you're in the mood you have to go for it. writing is a little like sex guess. But the reason i felt like it was this: I had a sort of epiphany today. i feel like I bore people with most of these ideas I have about myself and why i do the things I do, probably because most things dealing with personality can not be answered in definite. Anyway, I knew you would listen. i could tell by looking, staring...admiring rather, the elegant workmanship that you were a person that loves to listen to john Diannis.

Well this is what I realized: I'm chasing something. For the longest time I thought I was running from something. I guess you could say I'm running from boredom. but the only reason I'm running from boredom is because I have the intense desire to capture this dream in my head. the dream does not have to do with lots of money or a specific job or even fame. My dream isn't even clearly defined but I'll know when I get there because I'll be content with everything. I'll no longer have the desire to pick up and leave. I'll be content raising pigs to be slaughtered while my wife cooks me soup and repairs the wood on my shoes. I'll be content living with the native tribe in Nigeria, carrying water buckets at the ends of my stick for the women and children of the tribe. And I will definitely be content sitting on the beach with that special someone in my arms and the kids running around playing soccer with a volleyball while we watch the sun set just outside of our beachouse/shop. one day I'll find it. One day I'll find it!

1 comment: